A friend offered us her version of a classic ratatouille.
We adopted on the spot! We even did the batch twice, to see lunches.
What a good decision! The week has tasted good!
- 1 large onion
- 1 eggplant (we removed the skin, but go as you like)
- 1/2 lbs of mushrooms (cut in half, we liked the texture)
- 2 yellow peppers
- 2 zucchini
- 3 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- Olive oil to taste (about 1/4 cup)
- 1 can of diced tomatoes, drained
- 2 tbsp. tablespoon organic vegetable seasoning
- Salt pepper to taste
- *1 can of drained chickpeas
1- Cut into small dice (depending on your patience) the vegetables.
2- In a large saucepan, brown the onion and eggplant in the oil. Add the garlic, continue cooking for 1 minute then set aside in a bowl.
3- In the same saucepan, brown the mushrooms then reserve them.
4- Still in the same pan, brown the peppers and zucchini.
5- Put everything back together, with the tomatoes. Add salt and pepper if desired. Bring to the boil and simmer for 20 minutes.
6- Add the can of chickpeas towards the end of cooking if you want a complete veggie meal version.
Otherwise, it goes very well with fish or chicken marinated in vegetable seasonings;)
Enjoy your food!